The role of social media in our lives is no longer limited to just sharing your story and life events to everyone or getting in touch with your long-lost relatives or forgotten classmates from high school. Social media has extended its importance into the business industry. If you want to be successful with your business, social media plays a very important role in achieving this goal.
Social Media serves as an easy and accessible platform where you can market your business, get potential new customers, keep in touch with your local supporters and advertise your brand. For a small entrepreneur who has only started with their own business, it would be wise to dive into the world of social media and use its power to your full advantage.
Here are some tips on how to maximize social media as a marketing tool for your business:
- Be consistent – When you market your company, it is important that your brand voice is clear and consistent. Brand consistency plays a vital role in social media, as you want your company’s image to be consistent and similar throughout the multi-platform social media experience. Being consistent with the content of your social media posts strengthens recall of your brand name. You want your product to be easily identified by a specific tag-line or personality. An inability to maintain consistency in your social media accounts puts you at risk for losing the interest of your avid supporters, because they get confused with the content of your product or might find it unappealing.
- Social Media Marketing is Going Mobile–Almost all people use their smartphones when using social media. We live in a world where we can easily share events in real. Consumers can get access to products conveniently by just flipping through their smartphones. Use this channel as a marketing strategy to reach out to your current supporters and gain new customers.
- Engage with Social Media Influencers and Bloggers – Social media influencers and bloggers are people that have an established online reputation and have gained a large amount of followers. Once you have identified your social media influencers, it’s time to connect with them and start a conversation through the content that they are sharing. It is also important that you maintain your relationship with them by constantly following and engaging with them through the content that they share. Being constantly engaged with social media influencers and bloggers can increase the awareness of your brand, increase your reputation and popularity online and increase awareness or improve SEO traffic.
- Analyze Past Content to Improve Posts – Social media is an affordable platform where you can advertise your brand or product without having to spend a lot of money. To attract more followers though, the content of your social media should be engaging and interesting. Take time to review your previous posts in order to see what has and hasn’t worked, so that you can use that information to inform how you market yourself moving forward. Analyze what is missing on historic posts and use this as an opportunity to get more followers on your future posts. Maybe that post would have gotten more likes if you incorporated an interesting photo or video? Use trial and error to understand what will resonate the most with your followers.
- Use Social Updates to Write Blog Posts – A large number of business owners today have turned to blogging as another platform to market their brand or product. Blogging is worth your investment, since original online content is very important in creating your digital footprint and building your brand. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms are important channels for your marketing strategy. Your blog posts can reach a large portion of your online audience through the use of viral tools like such as liking and sharing of posts through social media. In order to get unlimited mileage online, your blog should be well-written and include relatable content.
- Start an Employee Advocacy Program – Employees are known to be the biggest marketing asset your brand can have. Employee advocacy refers to the exposure that your employees generate for brands using their own online assets. This might include chat, email, forums, discussion, boards and of course, social media. The reach of your employees could possibly be beyond your own brand’s reach and beyond the platforms that you are currently on. To get more employees to promote your product through social media, you can give out incentives or perks that will reward them for being an ambassador of your brand.
- Find a balance between popularity and business–In order for your business to gain major followers, the content that you share on social media should be something that consumers can easily relate to in order to engage their interest. Make sure that your posts include a well-balanced blend of entertainment and business-oriented content. Keep things interesting and always make sure that you are consistent with your brand voice.
You do not need to be an expert of all the ins and outs of social media to be able to use it to its full potential as you promote your. Just follow some or all of the tips above and you will be able to maximize the social media channels to your brand’s advantage.